Saturday, July 19, 2008

Review : Queen of the Road

Queen of the Road by Doreen Orion. Broadway (2008).

Talk about terrific summer reading! Queen of the Road is a hilarious, easy read. Doreen Orion had me laughing out loud as she humorously related the adventures, and misadventures, she and her husband had in a year-long bus trip across America. There are also touching moments as Orion traces the parallel journey of self-discovery that the trip inspires in both she and her husband. Between her wonderful description of the sites they see, her funny portrayals of Project Nerd (her husband) and her own mounting bus phobia, and her reflections on the way they and others choose to live their lives, I never wanted to put this book down. I would highly recommend Queen of the Road to any reader.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the lovely review! I'm so glad you enjoyed QUEEN OF THE ROAD.

    I'm currently doing an author chat on Library Thing, so feel free to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found my review!

    If anyone wants to participate in the LT Author Chat, here is a direct link.

    ReplyDelete