Friday, August 8, 2008

Review : The Richest Season

The Richest Season by Maryann McFadden. Hyperion (2008).

The Richest Season is a story of self-discovery. It charts the journeys of Joanna, a woman who runs from her role as a corporate wife; Paul, her estranged husband; and Grace, the older woman Joanna cares for after leaving her husband. I thought this book was well-written though very predictable. Each character does exactly what you would expect them to over the course of their journeys in this feel-good novel. I could see the resulting transformations coming a mile away. The Richest Season is a quaint and well-worn story. If you are looking for a light beach read, go for it. Otherwise, leave this one on the shelf.

1 comment:

  1. I received my copy this week. I can't wait to read it! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete