Monday, September 29, 2008

reading update

I ran across this self-survey over at S. Krishna's Books, one of my favorite book blogs. I thought it was a great way to keep you updated on my reading.

What are you reading right now? Nineteenth Street, NW by Brett Wood. I'm really enjoying it so stay tuned for a review.

Why are you reading what you're reading? Pleasure? For review? Something else? I'm requested it for review so that's the primary purpose.

What did you recently finish reading? Maybe Baby by Matthew M.F. Miller. See my brief review here.

What do you think you'll be reading next? Next up is The Gifted Gabaldon Sisters by Lorraine Lopez, which I received from Hachette Books.

What was the best book you read this month? Why? Without question - The Heretic's Daughter by Kathleen Kent. I really enjoyed this book. For my review, go here. It is the closest yet to overtaking The 19th Wife as my favorite of the year.

What was the worst book you read this month? Why? When We Were Romans by Matthew Kneale. It drove me crazy. For details, see my review.

3 comments:

  1. I tagged you for a meme. :-) If you don't do them, no worries.

    http://trishsdiary.wordpress.com/2008/09/26/6-even-weirder-things-about-me/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really excited about The Gifted Gabaldon Sisters. It's next up for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trish -

    Thanks for the tag. I'll have to give this one some thought before posting...

    ReplyDelete