Monday, November 17, 2008

Review : Divine Justice

Divine Justice by David Baldacci. Grand Central Publishing (2008).
[release date: November 4, 2008]

I have to admit, I'm a bit of a snob about what I call "mass market authors"--those that churn out one or two books a year, typically in a series. Baldacci, however, defied my stereotype. Divine Justice, the newest entry in the Camel Club series, is well-written with solid characters and an interesting plot. Oliver Stone is a former government assassin on the run. Trouble always seems to follow him even as he retreats into rural America. You can tell he is a good man at heart and that makes you root for him. His ragtag group of friends are all equally likable and also mysterious. How did this group come together? Unlike the James Patterson book I just read, I think I would have benefited from reading the previous Camel Club books first. I definitely plan to go back them now. I was up late into the night trying to finish this gripping tale. If you are a David Baldacci fan, you will not be disappointed by Divine Justice. If you are a mystery fan who has yet to discover David Baldacci, you should pick up one of his books right now.

7 comments:

  1. I really liked Divine Justice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this and see what Oliver and the bunch is up to next. I love David Baldacci!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is on the wish list. i love Baldacci's books. Talk about suspense! great review

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds really good! I'm a fan of Baldacci and have several of his books. I haven't read the Camel Club yet so it's good to know that it's important to read that one first. I look forward to both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read his books but this one sounds like a really good book! Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never read Baldacci, but I am a total mystery lover. I will definitely look into the beginning of the series. Thanks for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never read his books, but from the sound of your review, I would enjoy them. I feel the same way you do about the big blockbuster books, but it's good to remember to judge each book/author individually. Thanks for the review and the lead to a "new" author!

    ReplyDelete