Monday, December 1, 2008

book binge

Between conference discounts and 1/2 price day at the library book sale a couple of weeks ago, I went a bit of a book binge. I thought some of you might be interested in the new additions to my library...especially if any of you are interested in Indiana like I am.

Thomas Hart Benton and the Indiana Murals
Greetings from Indiana: Vintage Hoosier Postcards
The Identity of the American Midwest: Essays on Regional History
Indiana Political Heroes
Meredith Nicholson: A Writing Life
Slaughterhouse-Five
Who's Your County Named For?: And Other Hoosier County Facts
First Ladies of Indiana and the Governors
Robert Owen's American Legacy
The Circle: The Center of Indianapolis
Recollections of Sixteen Presidents from Washington to Lincoln
The Play-Party in Indiana
A Bibliography of Booth Tarkington, 1869-1946
Ben-Hur
Indiana Authors and Their Books, 1816-1916

Non-Indiana
The Camel Club
The Collectors
Stone Cold

The Grand Tour in the Eighteenth Century

The library book sale got me the rest of David Baldacci's Camel Club series, which I can't wait to read after finishing Divine Justice (review here).

Does anyone else go haywire at library book sales?

6 comments:

  1. You may need to post some of the postcards out of the "Greetings from Indiana" book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did go on a binge. I got my copy of Gods Behaving Badly today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our library only has their big sale once a year in the summer but I love going. We have a few other places in town that have annual sales too. I get books for myself and for family members who can't get out. They don't have to be new to make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. bermudaonion -

    Of course you did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wrighty-

    Now that I get so many new books for review, almost all the books I buy are used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good place for library book sales and specials are college libraries. Several times a year they get new books and to make way, guess what, less than a dollar a book and some brand new.

    We have learned how to get students to notify us when the sale is being set up. Yes, we read what we buy.

    ReplyDelete