Thursday, September 30, 2010

55 quirky questions for readers : part 1

Lydia at The Literary Lollipop created a questionnaire of 55 quirky questions for readers, and I thought it would be fun to share my answers here. I'm breaking it down into more manageable chunks, so here are the first 10 questions and answers.

1. Favorite childhood book: How to choose just one?!? When I was very young, I loved Corduroy by Don Freeman and My Red Umbrella by Robert Bright. Later, I was a huge fan of Nancy drew and Trixie Belden mysteries.


2. What are you reading right now? Desiree: The Bestselling Story of Napoleon's First Love by Annemarie Selinko

3. What books do you have on request at the library? I just requested The Princess Bride because I'm thinking about participating in the readalong that starts October 2nd.



4. Bad book habit: Buying more books than I could ever read!

5. What do you currently have checked out at the library? Most of my library books are work-related, but I did just check out The Man Who Loved Books Too Much by Allison Hoover Bartlett. One of my readers recommended it for my "cultural crimes" reading list.




6. Do you have an e-reader? No. I haven't broken down and gotten one yet. I just love the feel of a real book!

7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time or several at once? One book at a time.

8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog? Yes. My reading horizons have expanded thanks to recommendations from other bloggers and readers. I've also gotten review books that probably wouldn't be on my radar otherwise.

9. Least favorite book you read this year: Stealing the Mystic Lamb by Noah Charney was so disappointing I didn't even finish it. You can read my review here.

10. Favorite book you read this year: Hmm, there were a few books I really enjoyed this year including Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy, but I think I have to declare my favorite as Darling Jim by Christian Moerk. You can read my review of Darling Jim here.




Watch for the next installment of Q&A coming soon!

3 comments:

  1. I read one book at a time too. I'll buy hardback books and by the time I get around to reading them, they're out in paperback!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Man Who Loved Books Too Much by Allison Hoover Bartlett is a wonderful book, you're going to love it.

    http://www.ManOfLaBook.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Corduroy cover brought back such wonderful memories of reading to my daughter :)
    My favorites as a child were the Madeleine and Babar books

    ReplyDelete