Monday, September 27, 2010

Banned Books Week


It's Banned Books Week! Here's the top 10 most challenged books of 2010.

1. The TTYL series by Lauren Myracle
2. And Tango Makes Three by Peter Parnell and Justin Richardson
3. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
4. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
5. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
6. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
7. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
8. The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big, Round Things by Carolyn Mackler
9. The Color Purple by Alice Walker
10. Beyond the Chocolate War by Robert Cormier

I've read The Catcher in the Rye, The Color Purple and part of The Perks of Being a Wallflower. To Kill a Mockingbird has long been on my TBR list.

What do you think of this list? Do you read banned books?

The American Library Association maintains a record of the most frequently banned and challenged books on their website if you'd like to see more.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's ridiculous to ban books. I've read 4 books on that list and a couple more that I'd like to read.

    ReplyDelete