Wednesday, September 8, 2010

reading update...

The last book I got from LibraryThing Early Reviewers was Stealing the Mystic Lamb, so I'm starting a bit of an art crime kick. I just finished Provenance: How a Con Man and Forger Rewrote the History of Modern Art by Laney Salisbury and Aly Sujo before moving on to Mystic Lamb. Reviews will be coming soon.

On the docket next...
Dolnick, Edward. The Forger's Spell: A True Story of Vermeer, Nazis, and the Greatest Art Hoax of the Twentieth Century. HarperCollins, 2008.

Harvey, Miles. The Island of Lost Maps: A True Story of Cartographic Crime. Random House, 2000.

Do you have suggestions for other art, map, book, etc. crime books? I prefer non-fiction with a fiction-like narrative, so they should read like a story rather than a recitation of facts. Leave a comment, and I'll add it to my reading list.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I was smart enough to read books like that, but I'm not, so I don't have any suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you read The Man Who Loved Books Too Much by Allison Hoover Bartlett?


    http://manoflabook.blogspot.com/2010/08/book-review-man-who-loved-books-too.html

    A real life crime drama which involves antiquarian books...

    htttp://www.ManOfLaBook.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I'm intrigued just by the title! I'll definitely add it to my TBR list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete