Friday, September 3, 2010

recent acquisitions...

I've been on a bit of an online shopping spree of late with the result being a small stack of books added to my collection. Here's what's new.

For reading...
Izner, Claude. Murder on the Eiffel Tower: A Victor Legris Mystery. Minotaur Books, 2008.
I've been sitting on the second book in this series, The Pere-Lachaise Mystery, for awhile now. I decided I needed to read the first book first. And for $1 plus shipping, who could resist?

Johns, Adrian. Piracy: The Intellectual Property Wars from Gutenberg to Gates. University of Chicago Press, 2009.
I ran across this in one of the many e-newsletters I receive. As a librarian, I find the topic interesting. It's a pretty hefty tome, so we'll see how long my interest lasts.

For collecting...
Dowson, Ernest Christopher. The Complete Lyrics of Ernest Dowson. Peter Pauper Press, 1942?.
This is a strictly collecting purchase. I love older Peter Pauper Press books and am trying to put together a decent collection.

Hoover, Herbert. A Boyhood in Iowa. Aventine Press, 1931.
Another collection piece. Though not published by Peter Pauper Press, it was printed by the founder, Peter Beilenson at his Walpole Printing Office.

For reference...
Carter, John. ABC for Book Collectors. Oak Knoll Press, 2004.
Just seems like a good reference work to have on the shelves.

Jackson, Mary E. Measuring the Performance of Interlibrary Loan Operations in North American Research and College Libraries. Association of Research Libraries, 1998.
It's what I do! This one will sit on the shelf at work for reference. Mary Jackson is a guru in the interlibrary loan field so having her work at my fingertips is helpful.

Jackson, Mary E. Assessing ILL/DD Services: New Cost-Effective Alternatives. Association of Research Libraries, 2004.
Ditto.

3 comments:

  1. I love new books! Murder on the Eiffel Tower catches my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog on the Librarything bloggers group page. I am fascinated that there is such a thing as an interlibrary loan world...let alone a guru. Obviously I am not a librarian or I would know about these things. Another reason to spur me on to find out more about libraries and how they function!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you found me and I hope you enjoy! Maybe I'll have to do a post on interlibrary loan soon. :)

    ReplyDelete