Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday : Books I'm Dying to Read


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's list is Top Ten Books I'm Dying to Read.

iubookgirl's top ten (in no particular order):

1. Hell's Corner by David Baldacci
The next installment in the Camel Club series comes out November 9, 2010.

2. What Alice Knew: A Most Curious Tale of Henry James and Jack the Ripper by Paula Marantz Cohen
This is at the top of my TBR pile! I just received it last week from Sourcebooks. It was released on September 1st.

3. Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby
Nick Hornby is one of my favorite authors, and I have yet to read his most recent novel.

4. The Emperor's Tomb by Steve Berry
The next installment in the Cotton Malone series comes out November 23, 2010.

5. Tethered by Amy MacKinnon
This has been in my TBR pile for awhile, but recent Twitter buzz has moved it up the stack.

6. The Danish Girl by David Ebershoff
I loved The 19th Wife so I'm eager to read another Ebershoff book. By the way, have you heard that The 19th Wife is now a Lifetime movie?

7. Room by Emma Donoghue
This book sounds both amazing and disturbing. Though it may be difficult for me, I think it is a must read.

8. Murder on the Eiffel Tower by Claude Izner
I've been holding onto the second book in this series, The Pere-Lachaise Mystery (aka The Disappearance at Pere-Lachaise), for awhile. I finally bought the first one, so I'm looking forward to checking out this series.

9. Shift by Tim Kring
I picked up this ARC at the American Library Association Annual Conference this summer. I couldn't resist the tag line on the cover, "Did LSD kill JFK?" Written by the creator of Heroes, Shift was published August 10, 2010.

10. Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
It is truly sacrilege that I've never read this book...I'm from Indiana for goodness' sake!

7 comments:

  1. Ahhh, Slaugherhouse-Five. Gotta love Kurt Vonnegut. I'm dying to read the 19th Wife, glad to hear that you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should move ROOM further up your list! It was an excellent book, and handles a very difficult storyline very cleverly! I named it TNBBC's "Next Best Book'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Room is #1 on my list atm! I can't wait to read it! You've given me a couple of other books to go check out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another Indiana blogger! Just finished re-reading Slaughterhouse Five for one of my challenges (Birth Year Reading Challenge. It's hard to believe that it's been around as long as I have....) Be interested to hear what you think once you get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The more I hear about Room, the less likely it appears that I will be able to bear reading it. Too disturbing, I think.

    Here's my list:
    www.readerbuzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! Room is next up in my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely going to consult your list!! Comprehensive :)
    I'm reading Zeitoun right now, by Dave Eggers (of McSweeney's) --- can't put it down. started it yesterday. It's about one family's story about Hurricane Katrina. Definitely a must read!!

    Amen to that... I felt the same way. The privileged vantage point of those in plight is kind of tedious. Gilbert has a way of romanticizing life's difficulties, which I think is what makes her palatable. But, it's also straining to see that perspective when things are so much harder for other people.

    Whenever you get a chance, please check out my collaborative blog, DysfunctionalBeginnings.com! All kinds of material (literary, nonfiction, multimedia, video) about growing up, and beginnings in general. We've survived it. Now let's attest to it! :)

    ReplyDelete