Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's list is Top Ten Books I'll NEVER read.
iubookgirl's top ten (in no particular order):
1. any scary fiction by Stephen King
2. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
Though it is a classic, I'll never read it. Great Expectations was assigned reading in high school, and it is the only assignment I didn't complete. I do not enjoy Charles Dickens.
3. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
It just sounds too heartbreaking for me to handle.
4. The Jungle by Upton Sinclair
It's a book I know I should read, but the thought of it grosses me out even though I don't eat meat.
5. The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
Give me a break. Norman Vincent Peale had this figured out in the 1950s. (And I'm sure someone else before him.)
6. The Shack by William P. Young
This book was astoundingly popular, but I have absolutely no intention of reading it.
7. The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
I tried it once and didn't get very far...maybe page five.
8. Moby Dick by Herman Melville
I don't have much interest (okay, none at all) in the whaling business and don't fancy wading through explanations of it to find a plot.
9. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
I love the musical, but am completely intimidated by the heft of the book.
10. Marley and Me by John Grogan
No offense, but I could care less about your dog.