Saturday, October 16, 2010

Weekly wrap-up : inaugural edition

I've decided to start a weekly wrap-up to keep all my loyal readers informed of my bookish activities. I'm also hoping it will help me hold me to my bookish obligations. The questions may change slightly depending on the week.

So here it goes...

Q: What are you reading right now?
A: The Princess Bride by William Goldman


Q: Why are you reading it? Business? Pleasure? For review?
A: I'm participating in The Princess Bride readalong hosted by Chrisbookarama. It has long been on my TBR list, so it's also for pleasure.

Q: What was the last thing you read?
A: Désirée: The Bestselling Story of Napoleon's First Love by Annemarie Selinko. I really enjoyed it and recommend it to any fans of historical fiction. You can read my review here.


Q: What do you plan to read next?
A: Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro



Q: Why do you want to read it?
A: I always try to read the book before seeing the movie. Plus, I've heard this is a wonderful book that I should definitely read.

Q: What books did you acquire?
A: Purchased: Spreading the Word by Karl Zimmer, Deadly Cargo by Erik Carlsen
From publisher: My Reading Life by Pat Conroy, Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin


Q: What bookish places did you go to?
A: Last weekend, I discovered Black Dog Books, which I blogged about here. This week, I went to my local bookstore, Big Hat Books & Arts for an event. Watch for a "bookish place" post about this store coming soon.

Q: What bookish events did you attend?
A: I attended a book party / signing at Big Hat Books & Arts to celebrate Karl Zimmer's Spreading the Word. I blogged about this bookish event yesterday.

Feel free to share your answers to the weekly wrap-up questions. I'd love to hear them!

3 comments:

  1. I love Pat Conroy, and am looking forward to reading this one...will look for your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It looks like you're set to go with the Okra Picks Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! Okra Picks Challenge reads are up next after Never Let Me Go.

    ReplyDelete