Friday, October 29, 2010

Weekly wrap-up : number three

The weekly wrap-up is my way of keeping my loyal readers informed of my bookish activities and holding myself to my bookish obligations. The questions may change slightly depending on the week.

Q: What are you reading right now?
A: Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin


Q: Why are you reading it? Business? Pleasure? For review?
A: I got it through LibraryThing Early Reviewers, so I need to review it. I'm also reading it as part of the Okra Picks Challenge being hosted by Bermudaonion's Weblog that I'm participating in.

Q: What was the last thing you read?
A: Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro


Q: What do you plan to read next?
A: The Privileges by Jonathan Dee


Q: Why do you want to read it?
A: I received this book from Random House, so I need to review it. It came out October 5, so it is next in line according to publication date.

Q: What books did you acquire?
A: Purchased: The Night Bookmobile by Audrey Niffenegger
From publisher: Moonlight Mile by Dennis Lehane, The Privileges by Jonathan Dee, The Fates Will Find Their Way by Hannah Pittard, Oracle of Stamboul by Michael David Lukas



Q: Since it's the end of the month, what books did you read in October?
A: I finished Désirée by Annemarie Selinko, The Princess Bride by William Goldman, and Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. (Links are to related posts.)

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you think of Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Her Fearful Symmetry this year, and loved it...I did not know that she had a graphic novel out, and will definitely look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has two others - The Three Incestuous Sisters and The Adventuress - if you want to check them out as well.

    ReplyDelete