Friday, October 22, 2010

Weekly wrap-up : number two

The weekly wrap-up is my way of keeping my loyal readers informed of my bookish activities holding myself to my bookish obligations. The questions may change slightly depending on the week.

Q: What are you reading right now?
A: Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro


Q: Why are you reading it? Business? Pleasure? For review?
A: Strictly for pleasure, though I'll probably post a review. I'd like to see the movie, and I always try to read the book first.

Q: What was the last thing you read?
A: The Princess Bride by William Goldman. I'm participating in the readalong hosted by Chrisbookarama.


Q: What do you plan to read next?
A: Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin


Q: Why do you want to read it?
A: It sounds like a good book. I requested it through LibraryThing Early Reviewers, so I need to review it. As an added bonus, it is part of the Okra Picks Challenge hosted by Bermudaonion's Weblog that I'm participating in.

Q: What books did you acquire?
A: Purchased: A Gate at the Stairs by Lorrie Moore, Motherless Brooklyn by Jonathan Lethem. Both authors will be in town this fall, so I bought these books in preparation.
From Publisher: The Distant Hours by Kate Morton



Q: What bookish places did you go to?
A: I went to The Book Loft while in Nashville, Indiana, on Monday. Watch for a "bookish place" post about this store coming soon.

Q: What bookish events did you attend?
A: None, unfortunately.

Feel free to share your answers to the weekly wrap-up questions. I'd love to hear them!

1 comment:

  1. With all the times I've been in Nashville, IN I've never heard of The Book Loft. I'll have to check it out next time I'm down there!

    I can't wait to see the "bookish place" post about it! Thanks for letting me know about it.

    ReplyDelete