Monday, November 29, 2010

Reading challenge : What's in a name 4


I'm signed up for the What's in a Name 4 reading challenge hosted by Beth Fish Reads. I think it's a really clever idea for a challenge, and it doesn't seem particularly onerous. The challenge runs from January 1 to December 31, 2011. To participate, all you have to do is read one book from each of the following categories.

A book with a number in the title
A book with jewelry or a gem in the title
A book with a size in the title
A book with travel or movement in the title
A book with evil in the title
A book with a life stage in the title

Here are some of the titles I'm thinking of reading.
number: The Third Secret by Steve Berry or Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
jewelry or gem: Read My Pins by Madeleine Albright
size: Medium Raw by Anthony Bourdain
travel or movement: I've got a lot of options here, but top contenders are Manhunt: The 12-Day Chase for Lincoln's Killer by James Swanson and The Woman Who Walked to Russia by Cassandra Pybus.
evil: Murder on the Eiffel Tower by Claude Izner, Sin in the Second City by Karen Abbott, or The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie
life stage: Resurrection Men by Ian Rankin, As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner, or About a Boy by Nick Hornby

For further examples and details, head on over to the What's in a Name 4 site. I encourage you to join in the fun!

2 comments:

  1. This challenge is so much fun! I'll be signing up for sure. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow -- great tentative titles! Thanks so much for joining the fun.

    ReplyDelete