Friday, November 12, 2010

Weekly wrap-up : number five

The weekly wrap-up is my way of keeping my loyal readers informed of my bookish activities and holding myself to my bookish obligations. The questions may change slightly depending on the week.

Q: What are you reading right now?
A: Gone, Baby, Gone by Dennis Lehane


Q: Why are you reading it? Business? Pleasure? For review?
A: I'm reading this for pleasure and because I need to review the sequel, Moonlight Mile.

Q: What have you read since last week's weekly wrap-up?
A: Heart of Lies by M. L. Malcolm and To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I was able to squeeze To Kill a Mockingbird in this week because I've been sick and spending a lot of time on the couch. I guess that's the bright side of being sick, right? Also, Samantha, the Occasional Reader, just read it and now wants to watch the movie, so I absolutely had to read this classic. Finally!


Q: What do you plan to read next?
A: Moonlight Mile by Dennis Lehane


Q: Why do you want to read it?
A: I requested a review copy of this because I love mysteries and this sounded like a good one. I haven't read Dennis Lehane before and am hoping to find a great new (at least to me) mystery author.

Q: What books did you acquire?
A: Purchased: So Cold the River by Michael Koryta, Hell's Corner by David Baldacci, Read My Pins by Madeleine Albright
Goodreads Bookswap: Mr. White's Confession by Robert Clark
Goodreads First Reads: Djibouti by Elmore Leonard
From Mulholland Books: The Bayou Trilogy by Daniel Woodrell, A Drop of the Hard Stuff by Lawrence Block, Bloodline by Mark Billngham


Q: What bookish places did you go to?
A: I stopped into Big Hat Books & Arts over the weekend and ended up chatting with the owner rather than shopping for books. This was probably a good thing considering my massive TBR list!

Q: What bookish events did you attend?
A: I was supposed to attend a reading by Allison Lynn, author of Now You See It, but I've been sick all week and wasn't able to go. I'm going to try to make it to see Madeleine Albright this afternoon before heading north for my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary dinner. I'll let you know how that goes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment