Friday, November 5, 2010

Weekly wrap-up : number four

The weekly wrap-up is my way of keeping my loyal readers informed of my bookish activities and holding myself to my bookish obligations. The questions may change slightly depending on the week.

Q: What are you reading right now?
A: The Privileges by Jonathan Dee


Q: Why are you reading it? Business? Pleasure? For review?
A: I'm reading this for review after receiving it from Random House.

Q: What was the last thing you read?
A: The Night Bookmobile by Audrey Niffenegger. I snuck this one in between Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter and The Privileges since it was a quick read. My review is coming soon.


Q: What do you plan to read next?
A: I haven't decided yet between Heart of Lies by M. L. Malcolm and Gone, Baby, Gone by Dennis Lehane. Which do you think I should read first?


Q: Why do you want to read it?
A: Heart of Lies sounds like a good book, and I received a review copy in early October. I need to read Gone, Baby, Gone so I can read Lehane's newest in the series, Moonlight Mile. I haven't read any of the books in this series, but it seems like I should read at least read this one since Moonlight Mile is a sequel of sorts.

Q: What books did you acquire?
A: Purchased: Gone, Baby, Gone by Dennis Lehane.
Goodreads Bookswap: A History of Love by Nicole Krauss


Q: What bookish places did you go to?
A: I took a quick peek in Bookmamas during the Irvington Halloween Festival. I'll have to go back sometime so I can do a proper "bookish place" post about it.

Q: What bookish events did you attend?
A: I attended a reading by Lorrie Moore that was part of Butler University's Vivian S. Delbrook Visiting Writers Series. My recap is here.


What does your weekly wrap-up look like?

0 comments:

Post a Comment