Friday, November 26, 2010

Weekly wrap-up : number seven

The weekly wrap-up is my way of keeping my loyal readers informed of my bookish activities and holding myself to my bookish obligations. The questions may change slightly depending on the week.

Q: What are you reading right now?
A: Djibouti by Elmore Leonard


Q: Why are you reading it? Business? Pleasure? For review?
A: I received this through Goodreads First Reads, so I need to review it. I'm also reading it in preparation for a reading by Elmore Leonard on December 6.

Q: What was the last thing you read?
A: Hell's Corner by David Baldacci


Q: What do you plan to read next?
A: I should get back to my reading plan and read My Reading Life by Pat Conroy, but I know I won't be able to resist my copy of the newly released The Emperor's Tomb, so I'm going to say that is next up.


Q: Why do you want to read it?
A: Same as last week. I love reading books about books and reading. Plus, this is an Okra Picks Challenge book.

Q: What books did you acquire?
A: I scored a ton of great books at the library booksale last Friday and shared them in a special acquisitions edition earlier this week. Besides that bonanza, I purchased The Emperor's Tomb by Steve Berry.


Q: What bookish places did you go to?
A: With the holidays, I didn't make it to any bookish places. I'm sure I'll be hitting a bookstore or two soon for some Christmas shopping though.

Q: What bookish events did you attend?
A: When it rains it pours, when it doesn't rain... Anyway, point is after a couple of amazingly bookish weeks, there weren't any events around here (at least to my knowledge). It looks like the drought will continue for the next couple of weeks, but I'll soon be rewarded with a biggie. Like I said, Elmore Leonard is coming to town on December 6.

0 comments:

Post a Comment