Friday, November 19, 2010

Weekly wrap-up : number six

The weekly wrap-up is my way of keeping my loyal readers informed of my bookish activities and holding myself to my bookish obligations. The questions may change slightly depending on the week.

Q: What are you reading right now?
A:  Hell's Corner by David Baldacci


Q: Why are you reading it? Business? Pleasure? For review?
A: Okay, so I have a bunch of ARCs that I should be reading, but I HAVE to read this. I really like the Camel Club series, so this is a pleasure read. Don't worry though, I'm sure I'll review it.

Q: What books have you finished since last week's wrap-up?
A: Gone, Baby, Gone and Moonlight Mile by Dennis Lehane


Q: What do you plan to read next?
A: I'm not sure, but I think I'll read My Reading Life by Pat Conroy next.


Q: Why do you want to read it?
A: I love reading books about books and reading. Plus, this is an Okra Picks Challenge book.

Q: What books did you acquire?
A: From Publisher: The Anatomy of Ghosts by Andrew Taylor
Contest wins: The Messenger of Athens by Anne Zouroudi, The Reversal by Michael Connelly, City of Veils by Zoe Ferraris, Hollywood Hills by Joseph Wambaugh, Long Way Home by Bill Barich
Conference Exhibit Hall: Fragile by Chris Katsaropoulos, Precarious by Al Riske, 10 Indiana history titles


Q: What bookish events did you attend?
A: Last Friday, I saw Madeleine Albright, which I wrote about here. On Monday evening, I went to a reading by Jonathan Lethem. I'll have a post about that early next week. The Indiana Library Federation Annual Conference was also this week. I posted a recap of the first day. Today happens to be half-price day at the library book sale, so I'm sure I'll end up doing some damage there.

What bookish things did YOU do this week?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you did a lot this week. I read two books and coordinated my sons school library book fair. Which, by the way is not as exciting as seeing Madeleine Albright.

    ReplyDelete