Friday, December 3, 2010

Monthly wrap-up : November

Since it's the end of the month, the weekly wrap-up will actually be a monthly wrap-up this week. The wrap-up is my way of keeping my loyal readers informed of my bookish activities and holding myself to my bookish obligations. The questions may change slightly depending on the week.

November was a pretty excellent month for me when it comes to my bookish life. Where do I even begin?

There were new releases in two of my favorite series, The Camel Club and Cotton Malone. I diverted from me reading plan to devour both of these and was rewarded for my efforts. I'll be reviewing both soon.


I was lucky enough to attend several bookish events this month including readings by Lorrie Moore and Jonathan Lethem. I also attended the Indiana Library Federation Annual Conference where I got to see Will Manley. The major highlight, however, was a once in a lifetime opportunity to see Madeleine Albright.


I also posted my first review for the Okra Picks Challenge, wrapped up the Princess Bride readalong, participated in Thankfully Reading Weekend, and signed up for the What's in a Name 4 Challenge. I'll be announcing a 2011 challenge of my own next week, so be on the lookout!

I introduced the Occasional Reader as a guest reviewer. Her next review will appear next Wednesday. In the meantime, she's launched a blog of her own called Pop Culture Crit. I encourage you to visit and show her a little support as she learns the blogging ropes.

In addition to all this activity, I actually managed to get quite a bit of reading in! Books read include (links to reviews):
To Kill a Mockingbird
Hell's Corner
Djibouti
The Emperor's Tomb

There was only one new addition to the TBR pile this week. I received two signed copies of Delirious by Daniel Palmer. I sense a giveaway on the horizon...


I'm still working on The Emperor's Tomb, but will be back on track with my reading plan soon. Next up is Pat Conroy's My Reading Life.


How was your November?

2 comments:

  1. You did have an excellent month! I hope December's just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I loved Pat Conroy's new book -- hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete