Thursday, December 23, 2010

Reading challenge : Into the Old World

Into The Old World Reading Challenge

I'm signing up for the Into the Old World Reading Challenge hosted by Splash of Our Worlds and My Love Affair with Books. The premise of the challenge is simple - read books published before 2009. Since I've already challenged myself to read a ton of pre-2009 mysteries for the Edgar Awards Reading Challenge and to read all Nick Hornby's novels, it seemed like a no-brainer to sign up for this challenge. I'm hoping the Into the Old World Reading Challenge will also encourage me to read some of the other pre-2009 books sitting on my TBR pile like...

Parnassus on Wheels and The Haunted Bookshop by Christopher Morley
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Danish Girl by David Ebershoff
The History of Love by Nicole Krauss

The list could go on and on. Suffice it to say, I'm thankful to Splash of Our Worlds and My Love Affair with Books for encouraging me to reach back into the stacks instead of focusing exclusively on ARCs. If you're interested in participating, head on over to the challenge site.

1 comment: