Thursday, December 16, 2010

Reading challenge : Nick Hornby


Nick Hornby is one of my favorite authors, but I've fallen behind on reading his books. That's why I'm challenging myself to read/re-read all of his novels, from High Fidelity to Juliet, Naked, in the year 2011. He has six novels, so that's only one every two months. I also have some of his other work that I hope to sprinkle in among the novels.

If you are a fan of Nick Hornby too, feel free to join me. When I post my reviews, I'll add a Mr. Linky so you can link up yours. If you're good at making buttons, you're welcome to make one as long as you share. So basically, what I'm saying is, it's up to you to make this a formal challenge. Otherwise, it will just be a personal goal of mine.

Here's a list of what I have on hand to read (links to LibraryThing).

Novels
High Fidelity
About a Boy
How to Be Good
A Long Way Down
Slam
Juliet, Naked

Other Writings
Songbook (non-fiction)
The Polysyllabic Spree (non-fiction)
Otherwise Pandemonium (short stories)
"Small Country" in Noisy Outlaws, Unfriendly Blobs, and Some Other Things... (short story)
Housekeeping vs. the Dirt (non-fiction)
Click (one novel with ten authors)
Shakespeare Wrote for Money (non-fiction)
Not a Star (short story)
An Education (screenplay)
Lonely Avenue (lyrics and short stories)

I think the big ones I'm missing are Fever Pitch and Speaking with the Angel in which Hornby has a short story. The Wikipedia article on Hornby also lists a short story called "Faith," but I haven't located that yet.

Do you know of any other Nick Hornby writing that should be on my list? Please let me know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment