Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Reading challenge : Edgar Awards : Update one

image courtesy of Jeff Babbitt
To mark the birthday of Edgar Allan Poe, here is the first monthly update for the Edgar Awards Reading Challenge!

I'm excited to say that 15 people have signed up to participate in the Edgar Awards Reading Challenge! If you've signed up but don't appear on the participant list, you need to let me know what participation level you are committing to by leaving a comment here. If you haven't signed up but want to, please do so here.

I've read and reviewed one of the books from my reading list so far - Catch Me: Kill Me by William H. Hallahan. Next up is Ken Follett's The Eye of the Needle. I was hoping to be reading it right now, but I've already fallen behind in my reading schedule. It's only the third week of January! I'm trying not to get worried about it though. The whole point of reading and blogging is supposed to be enjoyment, right?

I'm looking forward to hearing what the other challenge participants have been reading. I've set up a Mr. Linky below so you can add links to any January posts and/or reviews related to the Edgar Awards Reading Challenge. Please make sure to leave the direct link to the post rather than the link to your blog. For those of you without blogs, feel free to leave an update in the comments.

Thanks to everyone who is joining me in this reading challenge!

3 comments:

  1. You're right, the blogging and reading are supposed to be fun, but I understand how you can get caught up in the schedule thing :)
    Good luck with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a blog and couldn't figure out how to link my Goodreads account, so I'm writing my review below.

    'A Dark Adapted Eye by Barbara Vine (aka Ruth Rendell)


    Faith's family has some dark secrets, secrets they have all tried to forget. However, one day a journalist contacts her because he is writing a book about her aunt who committed and was hanged for murder. Told through recollections, A Dark Adapted Eye, is a deeply psychological tale of the intense emotions, denial and circumstances that lead to this murder.

    I was surprised by this mystery. Unlike your typical whodunit, the identity of the murderer is revealed at the beginning of the book. However, it was suspenseful, as the how, when and why is gradually revealed. It also gave a good description of the era.

    At times I wished the pace of the story would move along a bit faster, but I was not disappointed. I enjoyed reading this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review, Monica! A Dark Adapted Eye is on my reading list for the challenge, so it's good to hear that you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete