Friday, January 7, 2011

Weekly wrap-up : number eleven

The weekly wrap-up is my way of keeping my loyal readers informed of my bookish activities and holding myself to my bookish obligations. The questions may change slightly depending on the week.

Q: What are you reading right now?
A: The Black Dahlia by James Ellroy and High Fidelity by Nick Hornby


Q: Why are you reading it? Business? Pleasure? For review?
A: I'm reading The Black Dahlia as part of The Lost Entwife's January readalong. High Fidelity is my first read in my personal Nick Hornby reading challenge.

Q: What was the last thing you read?
A: Catch Me: Kill Me by William Hallahan
Q: What do you plan to read next?
A: The Death Instinct by Jed Rubenfeld


Q: Why do you want to read it?
A: I requested a review copy of this because I'm always looking for authors who can successfully blend fact and fiction to create an interesting historical story.

Q: What books did you acquire?
A: I haven't told you what I got for Christmas yet, so here are those three: A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan, The Four Ingredients Cookbook by Coffee and Cale, and Their Love of Music by Stephen Azzato
Goodreads Bookswap: The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown - no more waiting for me!
Purchased: The Sherlockian by Graham Moore


Q: What bookish places did you go to?
A: The Occasional Reader got a Barnes & Noble gift card for Christmas, so we went there to get a couple of travel books for a big trip we're considering.

Q: What bookish events did you attend?
A: No bookish events this week, but thanks to the wonders of scheduled posts I'm currently winging my way to San Diego for the American Library Association Midwinter Meeting.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear all about ALA! I hope you have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband read The Sherlockian and loved it :)

    Hope you have a great time at ALA!

    ReplyDelete