Friday, January 28, 2011

Weekly wrap-up : number fourteen

The weekly wrap-up is my way of keeping my loyal readers informed of my bookish activities and holding myself to my bookish obligations. The questions may change slightly depending on the week.

Q: What are you reading right now?
A: The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown


Q: Why are you reading it? Business? Pleasure? For review?
A: I'm reading it for review and pleasure. This was one of the books on my Top Ten 2011 Books I'm Anticipating list.

Q: What was the last thing you read?
A: The Death Instinct by Jed Rubenfeld (link to review)


Q: What do you plan to read next?
A: So Cold the River by Michael Koryta


Q: Why do you want to read it?
A: I want to read it because Michael Koryta will be visiting Big Hat Books & Arts next week.

Q: What books did you acquire?
A: Purchased: My Reading Life by Pat Conroy - I loved this book so much I had to buy a finished copy.
Goodreads Bookswap: Mystic River by Dennis Lehane, Bones by Jan Burke, Misfortune by Wesley Stace
From author: Bent Road by Lori Roy
From publisher: Margaret Mitchell's Gone With the Wind by Ellen F. Brown and John Wiley, Jr., The Survivor by Sean Slater
On loan from friend: The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson


Q: What bookish places did you go to? A: I went to Big Hat Books & Arts this week to pick up my copy of Pat Conroy's My Reading Life and confirm next week's Michael Koryta event.

Q: What bookish events did you attend? A: None, but this weekend kicks off a series of great events! First up is the grand opening of the Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library this Saturday. To see what other upcoming bookish events are in the Indianapolis  area, check out my recent post.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your thoughts on The Weird Sisters - I read the description of that one and it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Misfortune sounds really interesting; had not heard about that one before :)
    I loved Pat Conroy's book too!

    ReplyDelete