Friday, February 11, 2011

Weekly wrap-up : number sixteen

The weekly wrap-up is my way of keeping my loyal readers informed of my bookish activities and holding myself to my bookish obligations. The questions may change slightly depending on the week.

Before I get down to the regular wrap-up, I want to apologize for my erratic posting this week. It's been a doozy of a week with one of my employees resigning on Monday and the other out sick for half the week. Needless to say, I've just been trying to not tear my hair out at work and haven't been able to give the blog the same level of attention as normal. I plan to be back in tip-top form soon though, so please bear with me!

Q: What are you reading right now?
A: Eye of the Needle by Ken Follett


Q: Why are you reading it? Business? Pleasure? For review?
A: I'm reading this as part of the Edgar Awards Reading Challenge.

Q: What was the last thing you read?
A: Since the last weekly wrap up, I've read The Winter Ghosts by Kate Mosse and About a Boy by Nick Hornby


Q: What do you plan to read next?
A: The Oracle of Stamboul by Michael David Lukas


Q: Why do you want to read it?
A: I received a copy of this for review.

Q: What books did you acquire?
A: Purchased: CivilWarLand in Bad Decline by George Saunders, Ten Thousand Saints by Eleanor Henderson
From LibraryThing Early Reviewers: Red on Red by Edward Conlon


Q: What bookish events did you attend?
A: I attended a reading by George Saunders, which I recapped here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment