Friday, May 13, 2011

I'm baaaack!

And boy, am I behind! My two-week vacation turned into four weeks away from the blog, and now I have ten reviews to write, challenges to update, emails to respond to, and a "weekly" wrap-up to write that's going to cover a whole month's worth of acquisitions and activities.

On the bright side, I had a fabulous vacation! Paris, London, Bath, Shrewsbury, and Liverpool, oh my. The weather was absolutely amazing...warm and not a drop of rain. I loved Paris, and Liverpool was a very pleasant surprise. I may sprinkle a few other travel tidbits into my upcoming posts so stay tuned.

One thing I'll share right now is that I was overly ambitious even by taking only four books with me (plus the one I was reading when I left). I took appropriately themed titles:

Claude and Camille: A Novel of Monet
Madame Tussaud: A Novel of the French Revolution
Dust and Shadow: An Account of the Ripper Killings
?


See, I can't even remember the fourth book. I was so exhausted at the end of each day that I came back reading the same book as when I left, A Novel Bookstore, appropriately set in Paris. At least I don't have to add any of the books I took to the list of ten reviews I already have to write!

I hope you all had a lovely time while I was gone. I'm looking forward to reconnecting.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back!! Wow, what a fabulous trip!! June is crazy for me, and I'm already dreading how behind I'll be.

    ReplyDelete