Friday, May 20, 2011

Weekly wrap-up: number twenty-five

The weekly wrap-up is my way of keeping my loyal readers informed of my bookish activities and holding myself to my bookish obligations. The questions may change slightly depending on the week.

Q: What are you reading right now?
A: The Jefferson Key by Steve Berry


Q: Why are you reading it? Business? Pleasure? For review?
A: The Cotton Malone series is one of my favorites so this is definitely a pleasurable read. However, I did receive a review copy so it's also for review.

Q: What have you read since the last weekly wrap-up?
A: The Bayou Trilogy by Daniel Woodrell, Whip Hand by Dick Francis, The Sandalwood Tree by Elle Newmark, A Novel Bookstore by Laurence Cosse, A Drop of the Hard Stuff by Lawrence Block, The Girl Who Would Speak for the Dead by Paul Elwork, Peregrine by William Bayer, Heart of Deception by M.L. Malcolm


Q: What do you plan to read next?
A: A Hard Death by Jonathan Hayes


Q: Why do you want to read it?
A: I received a copy for review.

Q: What books did you acquire?
A: I've accumulated so much since the last weekly update that I'll just give you a sample here.
Purchased: a bunch of souvenir travel books from vacation, The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emmuska Orczy, The Amber Room by Steve Berry, Red Wolf by Liza Marklund, The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett, 5 of the 6 Reykjavik Murder Mystery series by Arnaldur Indridason.
From Publisher: The Ridge by Michael Koryta, The Jefferson Key by Steve Berry, Tolstoy and the Purple Chair by Nina Sankovitch, Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson
Won: So Much Pretty by Cara Hoffman

Q: What bookish places did you go to?
A: While in Paris, I made a pilgrimage to Shakespeare and Company.

0 comments:

Post a Comment