Friday, June 17, 2011

Weekly wrap-up : number twenty-eight

The weekly wrap-up is my way of keeping my loyal readers informed of my bookish activities and holding myself to my bookish obligations. The questions may change slightly depending on the week.

Last week's focus on the blog was Mulholland Books. This week it was the Edgar Awards Reading Challenge as I finally got reviews of my last two reads posted and did a monthly update post. You'll see from my current and upcoming reading that the focus has shifted back to Mulholland Books and its two newest publications. You may see a review of The Wreckage next week, but the main focus will be on Michael Koryta. Watch for a recap of a recent signing I attended as well as reviews of The Cypress House and The Ridge. But for now, on with the weekly wrap-up questions!

Q: What are you reading right now?
A: The Wreckage by Michael Robotham. Mullholland Books, 2011.


Q: Why are you reading it? Business? Pleasure? For review?
A: I received a copy for review.

Q: What was the last thing you read?
A: The White Devil by Justin Evans. Harper, 2011.


Q: What do you plan to read next?
A: Fun and Games by Duane Swierczynski. Mulholland Books, 2011.


Q: Why do you want to read it?
A: I received a copy for review.

Q: What books did you acquire?
A: Earlier this week, I announced a new goal for 2011 on Twitter. The number of books in my LibraryThing To Read Collection has gotten away from me. The goal is to get it under 200. When I announced this goal, my count was at 225. Doesn't seem that hard, right? The problem is continuing to acquire things. I was hoping to get through this week without adding to the total, but, alas, two books arrived on my doorstep the very same day I set my goal! I'm not delusional enough to think I won't keep acquiring. I'm just hoping to be more mindful of it. So, bringing the TBR total up to 227:

From Publisher: Triple Crossing by Sebastian Rotella, The Revisionists by Thomas Mullen


Does anyone know how to create a widget that will show the number of books in my LT To Read Collection on my blog?

Q: What bookish events did you attend?
A: After a busy week that included the Printers Row Lit Fest and a Michael Koryta signing, this was a quiet week with no events.

0 comments:

Post a Comment