Friday, June 10, 2011

Weekly wrap-up : number twenty-seven

The weekly wrap-up is my way of keeping my loyal readers informed of my bookish activities and holding myself to my bookish obligations. The questions may change slightly depending on the week.

Q: What are you reading right now?
A: The Ridge by Michael Koryta


Q: Why are you reading it? Business? Pleasure? For review?
A: I received a copy for review and had the opportunity to see Michael Koryta talk about it earlier this week.

Q: What was the last thing you read?
A: The Cypress House by Michael Koryta


Q: What do you plan to read next?
A: The White Devil by Justin Evans


Q: Why do you want to read it?
A: I received a copy for review.

Q: What books did you acquire?
A: Purchased: The Two Deaths of Daniel Hayes by Marcus Sakey, The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht, The House at Riverton and The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton, and The Lonely Polygamist by Brady Udall
LibraryThing Early Reviewers: The Hand that Trembles by Kjell Eriksson


Q: What bookish places did you go to?
A: In the course of attending some bookish events, I visited my local indie, Big Hat Books & Arts, and the absolutely gorgeous Harold Washington Library Center of the Chicago Public Library.

Q: What bookish events did you attend?
A: Last weekend, I went to the Printers Row Lit Fest in Chicago. I also attended a reading by Michael Koryta at Big Hat Books on Tuesday. I'll be writing separate posts about both events.

0 comments:

Post a Comment