Friday, June 3, 2011

Weekly wrap-up: number twenty-six

The weekly wrap-up is my way of keeping my loyal readers informed of my bookish activities and holding myself to my bookish obligations. The questions may change slightly depending on the week.

Q: What are you reading right now?
A: The Cypress House by Michael Koryta


Q: Why are you reading it? Business? Pleasure? For review?
A: I'm reading it for pleasure. I'm trying to read this and my ARC of The Ridge before seeing Michael Koryta in Indianapolis next Tuesday.

Q: What have you read since the last weekly wrap-up?
A: The Jefferson Key by Steve Berry, A Hard Death by Jonathan Hayes, Lost in Shangri-La by Mitchell Zuckoff


Q: What do you plan to read next?
A: The Ridge by Michael Koryta


Q: Why do you want to read it?
A: Like I said above, Michael Koryta will be in Indianapolis for a reading next Tuesday. I'd like to at least have a start on his newest novel before the event.

Q: What books did you acquire?
A: Purchased: A Dance at the Slaughterhouse by Lawrence Block, Old Bones by Aaron Elkins, Three Complete Novels by Elmore Leonard

Q: What bookish places did you go to?
A: I went to a used bookstore in Stevensville, Michigan with my parents last weekend.

Q: What bookish events are you planning to attend?
A: I'm leaving this afternoon for Chicago and the 2011 Printers Row Lit Fest. I'm most excited this year about meeting Eleanor Brown, author of The Weird Sisters.

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous that you're going to the Printers Row Lit Fest :)

    Also, I just found out that Koryta lives in Bloomington half the year...who knew?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kat P

    I know! We're lucky to have him as a local author. Did you know he's going to be at the Barnes & Noble on 3rd on Monday? (Koryta Tour Dates

    ReplyDelete