Thursday, August 11, 2011

2011 second quarter favorite

I'm a little (okay, more than a little) late in posting my second quarter favorite, but better late than never! I decided to spotlight my favorite book of each quarter this year partially to let you know my clear favorites and partially to help me pick my favorite book of the year when 2011 comes to a close. In 2Q 2011, I read 20 books.

It was really difficult for me to choose just one book, but I'm going to declare my favorite read for the second quarter of 2011 as...

The Ridge by Michael Koryta

Like I said, this was hard. There were a few books that I really loved in the second quarter, but The Ridge really took my breath away. Michael Koryta has really grown as writer in the last few years. I can't wait to see what he comes up with next.

In case you're curious, my runners-up were (links to reviews):
Fun and Games by Duane Swierczynski
Lost in Shangri-La by Mitchell Zuckoff
The Cypress House by Michael Koryta

Related post:

Amazon Associate link:

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read this one yet, but I love Koryta's work, so I need to get to it!

    ReplyDelete