Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Reading challenge : Edgar Awards : Update six

image courtesy of Jeff Babbitt
My recent reading / blogging slump has also affected my progress on this challenge. Since my last post in June, I'd only read and reviewed one Edgar Awards title, Billingsgate Shoal, until this week. I just finished up LaBrava by Elmore Leonard last night. I hope to get my review up in the next couple of weeks.

In my last post, I mentioned picking up some Edgars books at the closing of my local Borders. Since then, of course, all Borders are closing down, which is a real shame in my opinion. My only hope is that it will drive business to one of the few independent bookstores in my area.

Anyway, two new reviews were submitted on the June post. Veggimomof2 reviewed Coming Back by Marcia Muller, who has received the Edgar's Grand Master award. Monica shared her review of Reality Check by Peter Abrahams, the 2010 Best Young Adult winner.

If you haven't been linking up your reviews, links to do so are in the right sidebar and on the Edgar Awards Reading Challenge page. Use the Mr. Linky below to share your reviews for July and August. Please be sure to give the direct link to your post rather than the link to your blog. For those of you without blogs, feel free to post your update/review in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry it took me so long to review my books, but I completed the Patrolman Level with two reviews. I enjoyed them both, so thanks for hosting this challenge!

    ReplyDelete