Friday, August 12, 2011

Weekly wrap-up : number thirty-one

The weekly wrap-up is my way of keeping my loyal readers informed of my bookish activities and holding myself to my bookish obligations. The questions may change slightly depending on the week.

I was in a bit of a reading and blogging slump for awhile, but the book I'm reading right now is helping get me back on track. I'm hoping to get back to the stack of reviews I have to write and start making some real progress on my giant TBR pile.

Q: What are you reading right now?
A: Spycatcher by Matthew Dunn


Q: Why are you reading it? Business? Pleasure? For review?
A: I received a copy for review, but I'm also getting a lot of pleasure out of it.

Q: What was the last thing you read?
A: One Day by David Nicholls


Q: What do you plan to read next?
A: I need to get an Edgar Awards Reading Challenge book in, so it should be La Brava by Elmore Leonard. However, I think one of the reasons I got burnt out was because I was planning my reading out weeks in advance. I just got overwhelmed. I need to be able to pick what strikes me rather than forcing myself to read something I don't feel like reading. So...we'll see.

Q: What books did you acquire?
A: I've accumulated a few books since my last post, but am most excited to read Hell and Gone by Duane Swierczynski. I read the first in this trilogy and loved it! I also purchased a copy of A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith, a childhood favorite that I didn't own. I'm looking forward to reading it soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment