Friday, August 19, 2011

Weekly wrap-up : number thirty-two

The weekly wrap-up is my way of keeping my loyal readers informed of my bookish activities and holding myself to my bookish obligations. The questions may change slightly depending on the week.

Q: What are you reading right now?
A: Blood of the Reich by William Dietrich


Q: Why are you reading it? Business? Pleasure? For review?
A: I received a copy for review, and historical thrillers are right up my alley.

Q: What have you read since the last weekly wrap-up?
A: Long Gone by Alafair BurkeLaBrava by Elmore Leonard, and L.A. Noire: The Collected Stories



Q: What do you plan to read next?
A: Briar Patch by Ross Thomas


Q: Why do you want to read it?
A: It's the next up in my Edgar Awards Reading Challenge queue.

Q: What books did you acquire?
A: I bought a couple of issues of McSweeney's Quarterly Concern just because I think it's a cool publication. Also purchased: Turn of Mind by Alice LaPlante, The Suspect by L.R. Wright


Q: What bookish events are in your future?
A: The Indianapolis Book Festival is this weekend, and I'm hoping I have the opportunity to go. If you're in the area, check it out! The more support they get, the better the event will get. It's from 10am to 6pm at University Park in downtown Indy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment