Friday, September 9, 2011

Weekly wrap-up : number thirty-five

The weekly wrap-up is my way of keeping my loyal readers informed of my bookish activities and holding myself to my bookish obligations. The questions may change slightly depending on the week.

Before I begin, I want to take this opportunity to remind you all that the nominations for the Indie Lit Awards are open. I'm heading the mystery panel, so get those nominations in! Any book published in 2011 are eligible...the awards are independent of the publishing industry, but the books don't have to be from independent publishers. Click here to start nominating!

Q: What are you reading right now?
A: The Hand that Trembles by Kjell Eriksson


Q: Why are you reading it? Business? Pleasure? For review?
A: I won a copy through LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Q: What have you read since the last weekly wrap-up?
A: The Taint of Midas by Anne Zouroudi, A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer EganOtherwise Pandemonium by Nick Hornby, The Suspect by L.R. Wright


Q: What do you plan to read next?
A: I'll either read Tolstoy and the Purple Chair by Nina Sankovitch or Dominance by Will Lavender. It depends on whether or not I feel like taking a break from mysteries.


Q: Why do you want to read it?
A: I received review copies of both.

Q: What books did you acquire?
A: From Publisher: Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain

0 comments:

Post a Comment