Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Reading challenge : Edgar Awards : Update eight

image courtesy of Jeff Babbitt
Since my last Edgar Awards Reading Challenge update, I've read and reviewed one additional title, Old Bones by Aaron Elkins. If you're watching my list, you'll see that I skipped A Dark-Adapted Eye by Barbara Vine. Well, I tried, I really tried. My general policy is to give a book 50 pages before giving up on it. I struggled to get through 50 pages of A Dark-Adapted Eye. It was hard to follow what was going on until I was treated to a lengthy family history, which, in turn, bored me to tears. Needless to say, the book ended up in my DNF pile. It's my first failure in this challenge.

On a happier note, I should be able to achieve my new goal of getting through the 80s (with the exception of Ms. Vine, of course). I only have A Cold Red Sunrise by Stuart M. Kaminsky left.

Still no participant reviews since the last update. The year is winding down everyone! Time to get those Edgar winners read and reviewed if you want to meet your goal. If you need to post reviews for previous months, links can be found on the Edgar Awards Reading Challenge page. Use the Mr. Linky below to share your reviews for October. Please be sure to give the direct link to your post rather than the link to your blog. For those of you without blogs, feel free to post your update/review in the comments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment