Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Reading challenge : Nick Hornby : Update six


I think I'm making great progress on my personal Nick Hornby Reading Challenge! Since my last update, I've posted reviews of A Long Way Down and Slam. I also read Otherwise Pandemonium, which includes two short stories - "Otherwise Pandemonium" and "Not a Star." Initially, I didn't realize "Not a Star" was included here. The fact that it is knocks another item off my reading list - the standalone publication of the same story.

That leaves me with the following left on my Hornby TBR list.

Click (one novel with ten authors)
Lonely Avenue (lyrics and short stories)

I'll definitely get through Juliet, Naked and hope to fit in the short stories around other books. I fear I may not be able to fit in Click, but will do my best to complete this challenge.

Feel free to leave links to your own Nick Hornby reviews as a comment on this post.

1 comment:

  1. Hola, quizás os interese saber que tenemos una colección que incluye el relato 'NippleJesus' de Nick Hornby en versión original conjuntamente con el relato 'Strangers When We Meet' de Hanif Kureishi.

    El formato de esta colección es innovador porque permite leer directamente la obra en inglés sin necesidad de usar el diccionario al integrarse un glosario en cada página.

    Tenéis más info de este relato y de la colección Read&Listen en http://www.ponsidiomas.com/catalogo/nick-hornby---hanif-kureishi.html

    ReplyDelete