Monday, January 9, 2012

Reading challenge : 2011 Edgar Awards wrap-up

image courtesy of Jeff Babbitt
I'm a little late in posting this, but here it is - the wrap-up of the 2011 Edgar Awards Reading Challenge!

I reached my goal of reading the Best Novel winners for 1978 through 1989 with the exception of the 1987 winner. I did try to read A Dark-Adapted Eye, but just couldn't get into it.

Several participants also succeeded in reaching their goals. At the Patrolman level (1-3 books), Karen Russell from How Mysterious! read and reviewed 2 Edgar winners. At the Sergeant level (4-6 books), Veggiemomof2 from Insanity, Table for Four, submitted 7 reviews and Monica submitted 3. You can check out their reviews at the links listed below.
Paper Towns (2009 Best Young Adult)
Acceleration (2004 Best Young Adult)
Twisted Summer (1997 Best Young Adult)
Reality Check (2010 Best Young Adult)
Columbine (2010 Best Fact Crime)
Sammy Keyes and the Hotel Thief (1999 Best Juvenile)
Coming Back (written by 1995 Grand Master but not a winning book)

A Dark-Adapted Eye (1987 Best Novel)
The Long Goodbye (1955 Best Novel)
Reality Check (2010 Best Young Adult)

If you reached your goal and aren't listed here, please let me know!

I plan to continue the Edgar Awards Reading Challenge in 2012 and will create a separate post with all the details for joining me. Thanks to Karen, Veggiemomof2, and Monica for sticking with me in 2011!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for hosting! I enjoyed the challenge, and read a couple of books I've been meaning to do for a while now.

    ReplyDelete