Friday, January 20, 2012

Weekly wrap-up : number forty-seven

The weekly wrap-up is my way of keeping my loyal readers informed of my bookish activities and holding myself to my bookish obligations. The questions may change slightly depending on the week.

Q: What are you reading right now?
A: Margaret Mitchell's Gone with the Wind: A Bestseller's Odyssey from Atlanta to Hollywood by Ellen F. Brown and John Wiley, Jr. and Hotel Angeline: A Novel in 36 Voices


Q: Why are you reading it? Business? Pleasure? For review?
A: I'm reading the Gone with the Wind book because one of the authors sent me a copy to review. Hotel Angeline just sounded intriguing. One novel written by 36 authors in one week? Come on. Plus, one of the authors is a fave of mine, Erik Larson.

Q: What have you read since the last weekly wrap-up?
A: The Two Death of Daniel Hayes by Marcus Sakey, which is on the Indie Lit Awards Mystery Short List.


Q: What do you plan to read next?
A: Shatter by Michael Robotham


Q: Why do you want to read it?
A: I received a copy for review through NetGalley and enjoyed the first of his books published by Mulholland Books, The Wreckage.

Q: What books did you acquire?
A: I am heading the Mystery Panel for the Indie Lit Awards and received a copy of another of our short list titles, A Trick of the Light by Louise Penny.


Q: What bookish events did you attend?
A: As this posts, I am on my way to the American Library Association Midwinter Meeting in Dallas, TX. There will be lots of books and bookish people surrounding me at all times!

3 comments:

  1. I really want to get a hold of the Gone with the Wind book. I love GWTW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I expect the Dallas event will be a lot of fun.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gone With The Wind sounds pretty interesting, one would think it'd be a great mess.

    ReplyDelete