Thursday, September 6, 2012

Quick Review : Mr. Churchill's Secretary

Mr. Churchill's Secretary by Susan Elia MacNeal. Bantam Books, 2011.

[Source: LibraryThing Early Reviewers]

Mr. Churchill's Secretary introduces the reader to Maggie Hope, an intelligent, self-sufficient woman living in WWII London. Maggie is a strong woman whom I found interesting and refreshing. In addition to great characters, MacNeal's book combines two of my favorite genres -- mystery and historical fiction. This is definitely a series I will follow. I can't wait to see what Maggie's next adventure is!

5 comments:

  1. Hi I just stumbled across your blog and I love it. We share so many similar tastes that I just had to become a follower of your blog. I hope you will find the time to come over and check my blog out. Hope to see you there and Happy Reading!

    Kimberlee
    http://girllostinabook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a good one for the TBR pile.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading your post, I am looking forward to this. Your post is particular useful, plz keep going. Runescape accounts for sale is also cool!

    ReplyDelete